Due to the increased risk of developing plantar fasciitis, you need to wear the best shoes meant for this condition in India. Wearing these shoes is beneficial to your feet as these offer the necessary arch support. We have listed cushioned shoes, neutral shoes and motion control shoes for men as well women after a careful consideration and research of over 90+ hours. So, whether you’ve got rigid feet with a high arch, normal/medium arched feet or flat feet. And whether you’re a runner, an athlete or simply an individual who needs comfortable shoes for daily use. You will find the right ones for you.
Addtionally, we have come up with this complete plantar fasciitis guide so you won’t have to go anywhere else. We have some tests that will show you how to determine your feet type and also some FAQs to leave you without a doubt.
Best Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis India – Quick List
|Product||Type of Shoes||Ideal For||Men/Women||Check Price|
|Skechers Go 600||Cushioned||Rigid feet with High Arch||Men||Price on Amazon.in|
|Skechers Ultra-Flex Windsong||Cushioned||Rigid feet with High Arch||Women||Price on Amazon.in|
|New Balance Made in US 990v5||Neutral||Normal or Medium Arched feet||Men||Price on Amazon.in|
|New Balance Fresh Foam Lazr V2||Neutral||Normal or Medium Arched feet||Women||Price on Amazon.in|
|ASICS Alpine Xt||Motion Control||Flat feet||Men||Price on Amazon.in|
|Zappy Lightweight and Breathable||Motion Control||Flat feet||Women||Price on Amazon.in|
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
One of the most common causes of heel pain is plantar fasciitis. But what is the difference between plantar fasciitis and plantar fascia? Well, a thick band of tissue which runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes is known as plantar fascia. And the inflammation of this thick band of tissue is a condition known as plantar fasciitis.
Although plantar fasciitis is highly common in runners, overweight people and individuals who wear shoes that don’t offer adequate support are at a higher risk of plantar fasciitis. Hence, you need the best shoes for plantar fasciitis in India. Generally, when you take your first steps in the morning after you wake up, plantar fasciitis causes a stabbing pain in the bottom of your foot near the heel. Usually, the pain decreases when you start moving. However, there are chances it may return when you stand up after sitting or after prolonged hours of standing.
Types of Shoes Available for Good Arch Support
1. Cushioned Shoes for High-Arched Rigid Feet
Skechers introduces sports shoes for both men as well as women. Apart from this, it offers a wide range of shoes right from poker parties to walking, running and gyming and casual ones.
- Memory Foam: The memory foam present in this pair of shoes is an ultra-soft insole which instantly contours to your feet.
- This memory foam is beneficial since it provides a customized cushioning system for elevating daily comfort.
- It gives you that feeling of walking on a bed with a soft bed sheet.
- Engineered Mesh: Firstly, these pair of shoes by Skechers intensifies cushion and support.
- Secondly, these are breathable and highly flexible.
- Thirdly, these are extremely lightweight and feature seamless construction.
- A big thanks to the advanced engineering mesh construction that make these sporty, cushioned pair of shoes ideal for high-arched rigid feet.
- Additional Comfort: As the seamless (uninterrupted) one-piece construction eliminates unwanted layers, it also improves the functionality of these shoes. These minimal layers enable the mesh to form around your foot therefore providing additional comfort.
- Strength and Durability: As you have seen, these pair of shoes are creatively designed to increase flexibility and breathability. Apart from this it also provides durability and strength.
- Additional Benefits: The sole is designed for responsive traction and ground feel. Also, these feature synthetic 3D printed overlays at the sides for additional support.
- Easy to Wear: The synthetic heel panel features a separated design and the quick-fit portal at the heel enables you to wear these shoes easily.
- Ideal For: These pair of shoes are ideal for workout and even for running on a treadmill. All thanks to the well-padded smooth heel collar and lining.
- Price: You can purchase these Skechers Men’s Go 600 – Refine Running Shoes for an estimated cost of Rs. 4,000.
- Sporty, Streamlined and Flexible: These Skechers Ultra-Flex Windsong shoes for women enable you to take in the breeze in sporty and streamlined style. These also add to the flexibility and provide comfort on wearing them.
- Interwoven Texture Designs: The soft, flat, knit, mesh fabric is upper in a lace-up sporty style. And provides comfort while walking and thus it is a perfect training sneaker meant for individuals with high-arched rigid feet.
- Air Cooled Memory Foam Insole: These shoes are fitted with the air-cooled memory foam insole which is a highly flexible comfort midsole.
- Freedom of Movement: Featuring a highly flexible articulated traction design, that too with a flexible midsole and outsole. Thus, providing freedom of movement.
- Shoe Lining and Heel: The shoe lining is made of soft fabric. These pair of shoes have a 1 and a half-inch heel. It also comprises a smooth, synthetic and solid heel panel overlay with pull on top tab.
- Price: Get yourself the Skechers Women’s Ultra-Flex Windsong shoes for a price of around Rs. 4,800.
2. Neutral Shoes for Normal or Medium Arched Feet
New Balance Made in US 990v5 (For Men)
- Modern yet Sleek: These neutral pair of shoes by New Balance feature a creative and modern design and are sleek. Hence, they are ideal for people with normal or medium arched feet.
- Midsole Cushioning: The midsole cushioning is precision-engineered. Thus, delivering a lightweight and ultra-cushioned experience.
- Upper Mesh: The upper mesh present in these pair of shoes offer you a comfortable feel and fit,
- Ultra Heel Design: A snug and supportive fit is provided with the ultra heel design to the back of the foot.
- Maintenance and Care: Once you wear your shoes and back home, keep it out to dry naturally.
- Also, de-odorize these on a regular basis. By doing this, the shoes are able to retain their natural shape.
- Additionally, make use of shoe bags in order to prevent mildew or any stains.
- With the help of a clean cloth, dust any dry dirt from the surface. Ensure you don’t use any polish or shiner.
- Price: New Balance Made in US 990v5 shoes for men are available for a price of around Rs. 5,000.
New Balance Fresh Foam Lazr V2 Running Shoes (For Women)
- Ultra Heel: The ultra heel adapts to your feet and excels in delivering a superior fit. These neutral shoes are ideal for women with normal or medium arched feet.
- Soft and Comfortable: You can walk and run long distances for 2 hours or more on a stretch without any hassle. All thanks to the softness and the comfort provided by the Fresh Foam Lazr V2 pair of shoes.
- Ultra Plush Cushioning: This most premium expression of Fresh Foam is creatively designed with a layer of ultra-plush cushioning which offers optimal protection from the ground as well as a super-soft ride.
- Laser Engraved Fresh Foam Technology: This technology offers comfort for daily use and mainly for high-impact activity.
- Secure: The construction of these pair of shoes helps to lock the feet in place and secures them.
- Price: New Balance Fresh Foam Lazr V2 Running Shoes for women are available for an estimated cost of Rs. 3,500.
3. Motion Control Shoes for Flat Feet
ASICS Men’s Alpine Xt Running Shoes (For Men)
- Provides Extra Stability: These ASICS Men’s Alpine Xt motion control running shoes provide extra stability in your stride. These shoes help in reducing excess pronation throughout your workout and are the best shoes for plantar fasciitis India. Therefore, helping you to be comfortable.
- Midsole: The midsole offers impact-resistant cushion. Therefore, regardless of whether you are walking down the street or training for a marathon, you won’t face issues. Additionally, the unique center beam design helps in keeping your feet stable.
- Outsole: The trail-specific outsole provides superior traction on any particular path.
- Safe and Supported: These shoes offer more room in the toe box thus supporting you and keeping you safe regardless of whether you are trekking uphill or downhill.
- Stay Confident: These pair of shoes offer complete control, exceptional forefoot play, and full ground contact. So, you can stay confident throughout the day.
- Price: ASICS Men’s Alpine Xt running shoes are available for an estimated cost of Rs. 2,700.
Zappy Lightweight & Breathable Running Shoes (For Women)
- Breathable: The breathable lining inside these motion control shoes and the upper mesh enable quick drying. Additionally, this also allows your feet and toes to breathe freely. Thus, reducing the risk of injury. So, you and your feet are happy and comfortable throughout the day.
- Ideal For: These pair of shoes are ideal for women with flat feet. They are recommended for walking, running, office wear, casual and daily wear, outdoor sports, workout, cross-training, travelling and more activities. Therefore, these make up the best shoes for plantar fasciitis in India for women.
- Knitted Fabric: Besides the attractive colour of these shoes, the outer material and sole material are made up of knitted fabric.
- Durable and Easy to Maintain: Zappy shoes are durable and last for long years. Moreover, they are easy to maintain.
- Lightweight: Women of any age can wear these motion control shoes as these are not slippery. Also, these are lightweight and easy to wear.
- Elastic Cuff: The closure type of these pair of shoes feature a slip-on construction. And they come with an elastic cuff.
- Cleaning Instructions: Before you wash these pair of shoes, ensure you clean them with a dry brush. And once you wash your shoes, wipe them with a clean and dry cloth. Also, allow them to air dry.
- Shock Absorption: Besides the convenient slip-on design, this pair of shoes have a thick air-cushion sole that offers shock absorption at every step.
- Price: These Zappy lightweight and breathable running shoes for women are available approximately for Rs. 700.
What Type of Shoes you Should Wear with Plantar Fasciitis?
There is no standardization among the shoes when it comes to plantar fasciitis. However, you get shoes for this condition which are categorized as cushioned shoes, neutral shoes and motion control shoes. So, let’s get into the details to help you figure out the right shoes for your type of feet. In case you have a rigid foot with a high arch then you need a cushioned shoe. As the name says, it has a lot of cushioning.
People with a normal arch or a little bit of a pronator need neutral shoes. These shoes don’t bend in the arch. They have a special portion that maintains the arch. Lastly, people who are flat-footed need motion control shoes. These shoes are stronger and heavier compared to cushioned shoes and neutral shoes. You can barely bend these shoes as they are stiff. Hence, these are perfect for severe pronators and for those who are completely flat-footed.
Test to Determine your Type of Feet
Simply, take a paper bag or a vanilla envelope. Or, you can make use of one of those brown grocery bags that you get at the store. Next, go ahead and dip your foot in some water. Once you do this, place your foot on top of the paper bag/envelope and keep it pressed. You need to stand up and put some weight by keeping your foot pressed.
When you remove your foot, you will notice the imprint clearly. You may find your foot really crude and your arch very high. In other words, it doesn’t even connect on the outside of the foot, not even to some point. This means you have a really high arch. If your foot has got much more contact with the paper, then it means that you have a normal arch.
Lastly, you’re going to have a wet spot on the paper if you got a flat foot. That means the arch is going to get filled in if you have flat feet. It is going to be wet all through the envelope/paper bag. Then you’re sure of the fact that you are flat-footed.
Why you Need the Right Type of Shoes?
Basically, the plantar fascia helps to form the arch of the foot. Hence, you need to purchase and wear shoes that offer you good arch support. You may be an athlete, a runner or simply someone who is not into sports and may just need shoes for daily wear and a walk. However, in either case, you need shoes that are walking shoes or running shoes. Why? you ask. That is because these shoes offer excellent arch support.
But that doesn’t mean that you should have a high arch. In case you are a flat-footed person then you are not going to get a high arch and then force it. Hence, you need support that matches your foot.
Risk Factors and Complications of Plantar Fasciitis
There are certain factors that increase your risk of developing plantar fasciitis. These risk factors are as follows:
- Obesity: One of the major factors that increase the risk of developing this condition is obesity. This is because the excess pounds put additional or excess stress on the plantar fascia.
- Age: As you age, your risk of developing plantar fasciitis increases. This condition is most common between the age of 40 and 60.
- Certain Exercises: Certain activities and exercise types which place a lot of stress on your heel and attached tissue can lead to plantar fasciitis. Some of these activities and exercises include ballet dancing, long-distance running and aerobic dance.
- Foot Mechanics: Firstly, an abnormal pattern of walking affects the manner in which weight is distributed when you are standing. This can also put additional stress on the plantar fascia. Also, flat feet or a high arch can affect the way in which weight is distributed.
- Certain Occupations: Teachers, factory workers and individuals who spend most of their work hours standing or walking on hard surfaces can damage the plantar fascia.
If plantar fasciitis is left untreated or ignored, then this may result in chronic heel pain which will obstruct or hamper your regular activities. Additionally, changing your walking style as a way to relieve pain caused by plantar fasciitis may lead to back, hip, knee or foot problems.
Plantar Fasciitis FAQs
People with any type of feet, in fact, all foot types are prone to plantar fasciitis. Even those individuals with high arched feet and flat feet are prone to this condition. Most often, plantar fasciitis affects mid-aged and older patients. Additionally, plantar fasciitis is also commonly seen in individuals who stand or walk for prolonged hours on hard surfaces, regardless of age. Also, it may affect those who are overweight.
A localized degeneration of the plantar fascia is known as plantar fasciitis. And the tough and fibrous band of tissue which connects the heel bone to the base of the toes is known as the plantar fascia. Plantar fasciitis occurs at the site where the plantar fascia is attached to the bottom of the heel bone. Believe it or not, but it affects more than 3 million people every year and it is the most common cause of heel pain.
Plantar fasciitis is caused by the wear and tear of the fibers of the fascia (like many degenerative conditions). One of the most common causes of plantar fasciitis is a strain to the tissue. This tissue strain can occur due to a specific activity along with inadequate or improper flexibility of the calf muscle and the Achilles tendon.
Besides these, the other causes of plantar fasciitis include thinning of the heel fat pad, a pinched nerve in the heel region. Or, it could be due to a stress fracture of the heel bone.
Common symptoms of plantar fasciitis include mild pain on the bottom of the heel. And this is mostly experienced when the individual takes their first steps in the day. The individual may notice that there is an improvement in their condition due to improvement or reduction in symptoms.
However, the pain worsens later in the day. This occurs when the plantar fascia is over-stressed. Thus, causing a chronic healing response at the attachment which is next to the bone. There are chances that this might remain sore for months.
In case the pain was caused due to a specific injury. And if that area doesn’t improve after a week of resting as well as icing. Then, you should seek medical help. Most of the cases are chronic and although this pain starts gradually, it starts getting worse over time. Hence, you need to visit an orthopaedic foot and ankle specialist who will not only take a history of your past medical conditions but also your symptoms. Additionally, he/she will also examine your foot and leg. And will also take an x-ray to eliminate other possible causes for the pain.
Firstly, you need to take good care of your feet in order to prevent plantar fasciitis. Secondly, you need to purchase and wear shoes that provide good arch support and heel cushioning. In case you work on hard surfaces for prolonged hours, then you need to reduce the stress on your feet by standing on a thick rubber mat. Also, ensure you stretch daily regardless of whether you are an athlete or not. Lose weight and maintain it to stay healthy.
Say Bye to Heel Pain
So, you see how purchasing and wearing the best shoes for plantar fasciitis India can save you and your feet. Depending upon your feet type and requirements, make your purchase. Don’t forget to read through all the sections that we have provided here for you. If you experience problems with your feet frequently or face blood circulation issues, then get an Agaro foot massager for yourself today. Take a look at this complete review that will show you how you can get a foot massage at your convenience in the comfort of your own home.