Experience deep tissue massage therapy with the best massage gun in India. It decreases muscle soreness after a workout, speeds up recovery, reduces injury and improves your performance. After investing about 75 hours browsing through various brands, we found that Medcursor, WellNEX, and Un-Tech top the list of the best brands. This in-depth article keeps you well informed about the features, technologies and price of each brand. To leave you doubtless, we have penned down some FAQs and also explained the various attachments of a massage gun.
Additionally, we have provided you with information about when to use the massage gun, when not to use it, and ways to use it appropriately and safely. Let us take a quick look at the table below for the number of massage heads and battery capacity/life of each product along with the budget.
Best Massage Gun in India – Quick List
|Massage Gun||No. of Massage Heads||Battery Capacity/Life||Check Price|
|Medcursor Deep Tissue||6||12 hours||Price on Amazon.in|
|WellNEX Deep Tissue||6||3400mAh|
|Price on Amazon.in|
|Un-Tech Deep Tissue||4||2200mAh|
4 to 5 hours
|Price on Amazon.in|
|Price on Amazon.in|
|Sagrach||4||2 to 3 hours||Price on Amazon.in|
The Benefits of a Massage Gun
Why is a massage gun beneficial? What does it contribute to your body and what is it capable of performing? The answers to all these questions lie as follows. We have listed the reasons as to why you need to purchase the best massage gun in India and its benefits.
Decreases Muscle Soreness After a Workout
Firstly, a massage gun decreases the delayed onset of muscle soreness. Hence, it helps and contributes to decreasing muscle soreness after a workout. Do you want to know how? Well, the vibrations of the massage gun increase the blood flow to the area. It also decreases the build-up of lactic acid simultaneously. For those of you who are not aware of this, the reasons behind muscle soreness and irritation after exercise is the build-up of lactic acid.
Thus, if you find your body all sore after a workout then the best massage gun in India will help you. So you see how a massage gun helps you deal with all these things especially if you workout regularly. However, keep in mind to use the massage gun appropriately. Note that you will be less uncomfortable after a hard workout if you shorten the required muscle recovery period. This will also help you to get back to the gym quickly and enable you to progress rapidly towards your fitness goals.
It Improves Range of Motion by Self-myofascial Release
The next benefit of a massage gun is that it improves the range of motion by self-myofascial release. Yes, a massage gun is effective for performing self-myofascial release. Research has proved that self-myofascial release helps in improving the range of motion in the joints. Thereby reducing the risk and chance of getting injured during a workout and also during your day to day activities. Additionally, it enables you to exercise harder and for longer durations with less soreness. Thus improving your performance.
Percussion Therapy Softens the Muscle Tissue
Since percussion therapy is effective in softening the stiff muscle tissue, you need a massage gun. As discussed above, a massage gun is a percussive/percussion therapy device also known as percussive therapy device that removes knots and tension in the muscles. Do you know the reason why many people experience knots and muscle tension? Well, this is due to stress, poor posture and the other aspects of daily life.
Further, a massage gun is also beneficial to those who don’t exercise on a daily basis. Thus, you see how it can make you feel better physically. It also leads to a sense of mental relaxation and well being since it releases the tension from the muscles, hence the need for the best massage gun in India.
- 3 Optional Modes: With the help of these 3 massage modes, you can select which is the most suitable one for your body. These 3 massage modes are Fitness mode, Medi mode and Health mode.
- Fitness Mode: Through this mode, the high-frequency vibration eliminates muscle soreness (2000rpm to 3200rpm).
- Medi Mode: In this mode, the vibration frequency goes from fast to slow cyclically. Thus, relieving fatigue (1600rpm to 3200rpm).
- Health Mode: Through the health mode, the slow vibration restores the muscle elasticity (1000rpm to 2200rpm).
- Vibration Amplitude: Through 14mm vibration amplitude, this massage gun offers you a more intense, deeper and stronger massage as compared to a surface-level massage.
- 6 Massage Heads: This massage gun offers 6 customized massager heads. Each massage head serves its own purpose. One for your muscle groups, spine, joint, and sensitive or oily skin. Thus, providing a relaxing massage experience and reducing bone damage.
- Long Battery Life: This massage gun is equipped with a rechargeable battery that works up to 12 hours. However, note that this depends upon the speed level and pressure applied during usage.
- 4 Adjustable Speed Levels: Featuring adjustable 4-speed levels to cater to your desired massage needs.
- Benefits: It alleviates pain, decreases stress and tissue tension and enhances recovery and blood circulation. Thus, awakening your mind, brightens up your soul and makes your body healthy.
- Price: Medcursor Deep Tissue Massage Gun is available for an estimated price of Rs. 4,500.
Rank 2: WellNEX Deep Tissue Massage Gun
- Ergonomic and Portable: You can hold this massage gun in your palm easily due to its mini shape. And you can grasp it fully in one hand due to its ergonomic design.
- Moreover, it fits in your backpack without any hassle so you can carry it around with you. Thus, making it a portable option.
- Auto Shut off: After 10 minutes of inactivity, this massage gun will power off automatically.
- Quiet Glide Technology: All thanks to this Quiet Glide Technology. This massage gun is super silent during the massage session. Hence, you don’t have to worry about disturbing your family members.
- High Torque Brushless Motor: Featuring a powerful high torque brushless motor offering high frequency and high speed.
- Weight: The weight of this handheld massager is only 0.75 Kgs (1.65 lbs).
- 3 Adjustable Speed Levels: Adjust the intensity of your massage according to your preference of frequency and torque with 3 variable speeds. You can adjust the speed level to 1500, 2200 and 2800 percussions per minute.
- 6 Replaceable Massage Heads: These massage heads target all the muscle groups. Each massage head is meant for a specific part of your body.
- LED Battery Indicator: Don’t worry about unexpected power outages since the LED battery indicator notifies you well in advance.
- Powerful Lithium Battery: The high-quality lithium battery has a capacity of 3400 mAh. Thus, it can work for 4 to 7 hours with a full charge.
Rank 3: Un-Tech Deep Tissue Massage Gun
- Super Silent: Even at the highest speed, this massage gun is pretty silent and is only about 35dB to 50dB. Hence, you don’t have to worry about others getting disturbed or annoyed. All this is possible due to the Unique Quiet Glide Technology.
- Powerful Motor: This massage gun is equipped with a powerful 24V high-torque brushless motor that features high frequency and high speed.
- High-Performance Battery: The Lithium-ion battery has a capacity of 2200 mAh. It lasts for about 4 hours after a full charge. Note that you can’t disassemble the battery by yourself.
- Rechargeable: Without any hassle, you can charge this massage gun. All you need to do is plug it in and recharge it.
- 6 Levels of Speed: Yes 6 levels of speed of vibration. Level 1 offers 2100RPM, level 2 offers 2400RPM, level 3 offers 2700RPM. Further, level 4 offers 3000RPM, level 5 offers 3300RPM and level 6 offers 3600RPM.
- LED Indicating Lights: Simple LED lights to show you the current speed level at which the massage gun is operating. If one red light is on that means it is on Level 1. If two are on that means Level 2. And so on.
- 1 Button Control: Switch the massage gun ON/OFF with this 1 button control. It is simple and convenient and also enables you to change the speed.
- Lightweight and Portable: It weighs only 2.5lbs, hence you can carry this massage gun anywhere with you. Also, it is ergonomic and easy to use for self-myofascial release.
- Price: Un-Tech Deep Tissue Massage Gun is available approximately for Rs. 2,050.
Rank 4: 4Beauty Vibration Massage Gun
- Pulsating Action: The pulsating action of this massage gun gets deep into the muscle, thus being able to alleviate your aches and pains.
- Stiff Tissue: Indeed, this massage gun is creatively designed to release the areas of tissue that might be stuck or stiff.
- Percussions per Minute: Depending upon the speed you select, this massage gun provides you 500-2400 strokes per minute.
- Ergonomic Design: The power push button, ergonomic handle, and articulating head are creatively designed so that you can reach all the muscle points yourself.
- Measures Heart Rate and Calorie Consumption: Based on the massage duration and frequency, it measures your heart rate and calculates the calories burnt.
- Ideal For: A high-quality powerful vibration massage gun that’s well built thus making it to the list of the best massage gun in India. It is ideal for both male and female athletes, runners, bodybuilders, weightlifters and swimmers.
- Muscle Recovery: It is perfect for recovery of muscles after a workout and for breaking up the knots in muscles.
- Further, you can resume your favourite activities without any pain.
- Thus, this massage gun brings back life into your muscles.
- Increases Range of Motion: It effectively increases your range of motion and engages and relaxes your muscles.
- Measures Body Temperature: It measures you body temperature after training or exercise.
- Price: 4Beauty Vibration Massage Gun is available for an estimated price of Rs. 10,500.
Rank 5: Sagrach Massage Gun
- Lightweight and Portable: Since it is cordless and features a lightweight design, you can carry it along with you on your business trips or vacation.
- It comes with a bag (storage case) to organize the whole set for quick access and convenience. Non-slip handle grips are also included in this package.
- Vibration Frequency: The vibration frequency consists of 3 levels. Level 1 is 30Hz, level 2 is 40Hz and level 3 is 53Hz.
- Applicator Heads/Massage Heads: Equipped with 4 interchangeable applicator heads/massage heads, each massage head for a specific body part.
- Multi-Speed Settings: The multi-speed settings enable adjusting the vibration intensity to achieve customized massaging comfort.
- New-Generation Noise Reduction Technology: Through this technology, the massage gun is silent enough.
What you Need to Look for in a Massage Gun
In order to purchase the best massage gun in India, you should be aware of what all it needs to have. In other words, you need to look for/consider the factors or features to make the right choice. We have penned down all these below so that you don’t have to go anywhere else.
Ease of Handling (Ergonomic and Light)
Firstly, you need to check if the massage gun that you’re planning to purchase is easy to handle or not. Is it light enough for you to hold? I’m sure you would never want to use a heavy massage gun. After all, you want to reduce the pain and not worsen it. Hence, a light massage gun is anytime better as it offers a hassle-free experience.
Next, you need to check if it is ergonomically designed so that you can use it comfortably. Is the handle too broad to fit in your palm or is it sophisticated in design? A non-ergonomic and heavy massage gun will not only limit the comfort but also the benefits. I’m sure nobody would want to use a massage gun that makes him/her feel exhausted and restless.
Various Attachments for Different Types of Massages
There are various attachments to support each part of your body. Since there are different types of massages, each attachment is made for a specific massage. For example, the attachment which is used to treat a large or medium group of muscles can’t be used on knots and trigger points. So, you need a particular attachment for your muscles and another attachment for the knots, trigger points and the Achilles. And so on. Also, what is meant for your shoulder can’t be used on your calf.
Battery Life & Charging Speed
Just imagine that you’re using the massage gun and its battery drains out completely before you finish with the massage. This is totally unexpected and you have no other option left except for charging it to a wall socket. This limits your comfort level and won’t provide you with the best results. Always remember, for best results, you need to stay in the right position and relax while using the massage gun. If you don’t do so then you will be restless.
Therefore, while using your massage gun with an amount of frequency, it’s important to know how long it will last before the battery drains out. Now, let’s discuss the speed of charging. So, how long does it take the massage gun to fully charge? How many hours? Or, does it require an entire day to get fully charged? You need to figure this out to avoid interruption during the massage session.
What if you disturb your family members who are asleep or studying for their exams or any other reason, all because of a massage gun that is providing you with the health benefits but is noisy and annoying. Is that what you want? Or you prefer a silent massage gun that relieves stress, body ache and muscle pain. You would definitely choose the latter. Ensure you always check the noise level of a massage gun.
How to Use a Massage Gun Well
Using a massage gun in the appropriate manner is of utmost importance so as to not cause any harm to your body. Here’s a section in which we have penned down the steps that will show you how to use the massage gun appropriately.
First and foremost, you need to ALWAYS turn the machine gun ON, BEFORE placing it on any part of your body. This will avoid jarring and bruising your body. Don’t mess, play around or experiment unnecessarily with the massage gun as it can cause you more harm than good.
Secondly, ALWAYS START at the lowest speed. This is because beginning at a high speed can be risky and extremely painful. Hence, don’t do so until you assess your level of tolerance. Therefore, for safe massage experience and best results, always start at the lowest speed and gradually increase it as per your level of tolerance. Once you figure out your tolerance level, you can set the speed as per your preference.
Furthermore, increasing inflammation and micro-tears in the muscle results in soreness. Which is why you need to be a little careful. Note that exerting too much force can cause more harm than good. More is not always better. Anything excess is bad for your body and health.
Thirdly, don’t exert extreme downward pressure on your body with the massage head. It doesn’t matter at what speed you’re using the massage gun, all you need to do is float it/slide it across the muscles. That’s it. Let the massage gun do its job in the appropriate manner as you gently slide it over the appropriate areas. Note that the pressure should be light or moderate (at the most).
Lastly, simply de-stress and relax. You will be purchasing the best massage gun in India to relieve muscle tightness and not aggravate it. So, while using the massage gun, if you’re too tense and flexing the muscle. Then you’re not benefitting wholly from the massage gun. All you need to do is relax, breathe, inhale, exhale and move the massage gun at a slow pace across the muscle.
Massage Gun Attachments – Explained
Each massage gun contains various interchangeable massage heads of different types. For each part of your body is a different attachment available. Which attachment to use on your calf? Which one to use on your shoulders, which one to use on knots, trigger points and so on. We have explained all of these here, so don’t fret we have your back.
The Large Ball
The large ball is the “most commonly used” attachment and is made of either dense rubber or hardened foam. This attachment is meant to treat medium and large group muscles. Overall, it is the most versatile attachment and best suits large muscle parts.
The Flat Head
The flat head provides a more dense massage as compared to the large ball. It provides the massage from the pecs to the glutes and is a great multipurpose attachment. Just in case you happen to run it over your bones during the massage session, it won’t hurt too much. This is because it doesn’t have any sharp edges. Hence, the flat head attachment is suitable for every part of your body.
The bullet best suits trigger points or knots. This attachment is great if you want to focus on “one particular” spot on the body. For example, the different ligament attachment options and areas of the shoulders. Moreover, the bullet is suitable for treating severe areas.
The Fork Head
Lastly, comes the fork head attachment. The dual-pronged head of this attachment targets your spine without hitting the bone. Besides your spine, you can use it on the other areas of your body such as your calf muscles and along your Achilles. It is well suitable for your neck as well.
Massage Gun FAQs for India
In order to keep you well informed, we have listed some frequently asked questions. You won’t regret reading through the best massage gun in India. Find all your answers here in one place and stay updated.
Note that a full body massage session should not exceed 15 minutes. You can use the massage 2-3 times a day to treat yourself. However, ensure you use it the right way, gently and appropriately. For maximum benefit and best results, you need to follow these guidelines always. In order to instantly activate your muscles and nerve fibres, make use of the massage gun for about 30 seconds prior to your workout or any physical activity.
Then, comes muscle reactivation. You tend to feel tired mid-workout. With another “15 seconds” massage session, you can boost your muscles hence termed as muscle reactivation. Lastly, you can make use of the massage gun post-workout or when delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) sets in. This is termed as recovery and pain relief and is safe to use for up to 2 minutes on each muscle group.
The head of the massage gun delivers micro-traumas to the body with every percussion. This improves blood flow, increases circulation and works on tight muscles. DON’T OVERUSE THE MASSAGE GUN AS THIS WILL DO THE OPPOSITE.
After a massage session, you should stay away from heat. When you use a massage gun, it helps in releasing tight muscles. But, to release those trigger points and tension, a lot of deep muscle therapy is required, thereby, leaving your muscles quite tender. Hence, you should always use ice or start with cryotherapy after a massage session. However, if you apply ice directly on the skin then it can lead to frostbite and even damage the tissues. This can also occur if you apply or leave the ice on for too long.
NOTE: Firstly, you can apply the ice 4 to 6 times a day but NOT more than 20 minutes. Secondly, please be mindful and never apply the ice directly to the skin. Ensure you wrap it in a cloth towel since the cloth acts as a layer between the ice and your skin.
For those who sit for prolonged hours hunching and slouching at the desk, should make use of the massage gun on their shoulders. They should also use it on their trapezius muscles in order to relieve the tension. Never use the massage gun on your bones, joints, tendons or nerves.
Additionally, experts and medical professionals recommend NOT to use the massage gun on wounds, scabs, cancerous lesions and if any recent bone fractures. Further, stay away from a massage gun if you suffer from Peripheral Neuropathy. This is a condition caused by Diabetes.
Yes, men, as well as women, can make use of a massage gun. But, pregnant women should consult their doctor before using it since it can bring complications into their pregnancy. Moreover, pregnant women need to be vigilant, especially during the first trimester of their pregnancy because it can induce labour.
Percussion or Percussive is a form of therapy that provides rapid bursts of pressure into the muscle tissue of the body. A massage gun is a device that incorporates percussion therapy and is their form of deep soft tissue manipulation. The massage gun’s head oscillates back and forth on the muscles to provide that effect.
Normally, the oscillation offered is in the range of 1,000 to 10,000 percussions per minute. This not only helps to relax the fascia but also increases blood flow to the targetted area. Moreover, the latest models enable you to adjust the speed depending upon your requirements.
A Healing Touch to Make you Feel Better
Are you already feeling better after reading about the best massage gun in India? We really hope so. If you’re still confused about which one to purchase then opt for one that fits your budget, but that doesn’t mean you compromise on quality and performance to save costs. Ensure you purchase a massage gun with at least 6 massage heads and good battery life. This will help you in the long run as you won’t have to purchase another one just because of one or two massage head attachments.
You may also check out the best massage chair India for complete relaxation and cure of body ache and to improve blood circulation. Unlike spas, a massage chair doesn’t involve the risk of cross-infection.