Are you tired of your bi-weekly trips to the physiotherapist or spa? If your answer is yes, then bringing home the best massage chair in India is the solution to your problem as you can use it in the comfort of your own home. Most often, we drink an adequate amount of water and eat food that’s healthy and contains all the essential vitamins and minerals. But, our body is unable to absorb all of that. This is due to low blood supply or improper blood circulation since our blood is not able to reach those organs.
That’s why the body and wounds seem to take quite long to heal. Stress and improper blood circulation is the root cause of all. Hence, the best massage chair in India is a saviour. Since it improves blood circulation, speeds up recovery in case of injuries and wounds, cures infections and promotes overall health. I have specified each and everything about a massage chair in this article after countless hours of research. So, you don’t have to go anywhere else, continue reading for in-depth information.
Best Massage Chair in India – Quick List
|Massage Chair||Zero Gravity||Dimensions|
|JSB 4D Full Body|
|Yes||162 x 83 x 129cm (Large)||Price on Amazon.in|
|Robotouch Urban Full Body||Yes||167 x 77 x 101 cm (Medium)||Price on Amazon.in|
|Yes||125 x 77 x 115 cm (Small)||Price on Amazon.in|
|BODYFRIEND 4D Massage Chair||Yes||120 x 76.5 x 72.5 cm (Small)||Price on Amazon.in|
|JSB 3D |
|Yes||160 x 81.2 x 124.4 cm (Large)||Price on Amazon.in|
Why Spend so much on a Massage Chair
Investing in a highly-priced product raises doubts and questions in the buyer’s mind. What are the benefits, why is it so expensive, what all is it capable of and more. Nobody would want to invest their hard-earned money in a product or appliance without knowing how reliable and durable it is. Which is why I’m here to clear all those doubts and answer your questions. Don’t fret, I have penned down all the reasons as to why you need a massage chair.
Anytime massage (massage in the comfort of your home)
Yes, you read that right. By purchasing the best massage chair in India, you can self-massage yourself at your convenience in the comfort of your own home. Firstly, you won’t find the need to book an appointment with the massage centres or parlours. Secondly, you won’t have to apply for special leave from work or adjust your schedule as per the convenience of the masseur.
In addition, if you’re used to visiting the physiotherapist often, you will know how long each therapy session is. There again you need to spend a minimum of 4 to 5 hours. Not to forget the travelling factor, the time consumed for travelling. If you purchase the best massage chair in India, you can use it in the morning or in the evening after you’re back home from work or even at night just before going to bed. So, you see how convenient it proves.
Good investment in the long run
Besides all the things mentioned above is the cost involved. Visiting the massage parlour or physiotherapist just once or twice is not sufficient. You need to visit until you get complete relief which calls for a regular massage. Massage parlours and physiotherapists charge a bomb on each visit which is too heavy on your pockets. This requires spending more money, investing more time and involves patience of course. All this contributes to travel costs too. You’re shelling out on your fuel as well.
Consider this, if you need a regular massage (a cost of 2K for each decent massage session). Then purchasing the best massage chair in India will help you recover money spent. For example, a 2 lack massage chair will help recover the money in 100 days. Now you’ve realised how bringing home the best massage chair in India can save you time, efforts and costs.
Ever thought how a regular massage could contribute to long term health benefits. That’s because it promotes blood circulation which in turn improves your overall health. With blood circulation being its main benefit, the best massage chair in India also decreases cortisol and insulin levels. Additionally, it relieves stress, enhances your mood, and helps you build a positive attitude. Furthermore, it increases oxygen to tissues, improves the elasticity of blood vessels and improves the overall nutrition of tissue.
- 4D Technology: Equipped with L Track Massage and longest reaching rollers for back and hip massage. The 4D technology makes this JSB massage chair worth purchasing.
- Zero Gravity: This is not any ordinary massage chair. This massage chair by JSB in combination with “zero gravity” offers you a therapeutic treatment and manipulates your muscles with the help of airbags and rollers.
- Moreover, it also reclines you into a weightless position.
- Offers Various Massage Techniques: Unlike traditional massagers and massage chairs, this one from JSB offers a combination of massage techniques.
- These massage techniques include Shiatsu, Kneading, Rolling, Tapping, Vibration, and Knock. Thus, making it a complete package.
- Multiple Controls: All thanks to the multiple controls. You can use it with a detailed wired controller or wireless controller as per your convenience.
- Airbag Massage: With the help of 79 airbags, your shoulder, calves, hands and feet benefit from an airbag massage. It relieves joint pain and aches, helping you get good sleep.
- Soft Rollers: The soft rollers massage your hips, back and neck giving you soothing relief. Additionally, the heat function contributes to soothing back pain.
- Waist Flexibility: If you find yourself struggling while moving your body while getting up from the sofa. Or, while walking or getting out of your car. Then this special X-twist waist massage is the perfect solution to address your needs.
- It makes your waist flexible and even cures injuries and pain in the waist.
- 3D Kneading, Rubbing & Scrapping: The 3D kneading and rubbing massage technique is beneficial to your calf. Whereas the scrapping massage technique improves blood circulation in foot soles and calves.
- Price: Bring this JSB 4D Zero Gravity Massage Chair home for approximately Rs. 3,00,000.
- 3 Level Massage: The “S shape” massage structures in the backrest were designed according to the human body engineering principle. Thus, they contribute to making back massage close-fitting in place.
- The 6-21 cm width features 3 adjustable levels for wide, middle and narrow.
- One Button Recline: With an innovative space-saving design and structure, this massage chair can save 60 to 80 cms space at the back.
- Convenient Storage Box: Enjoy the massage experience even more as the handrail is equipped with a convenient storage box.
- You can place your phone or manual controller without any hassle in this storage box.
- Thus, you don’t have to move or get up from the chair to fetch anything you need.
- Adjustable Speed: It features an adjustable (3 level) massage speed. These 3 levels include slow, medium and strong. Hence, a different speed to suit your massage preferences.
- Multiple Positions Massage: Further, this massage chair offers an accurate massage to different points. It does this by measuring the shoulder height and back width.
- Air Pressure Intensity: With a total of 20 airbags, and adjustable air pressure intensity of 3 levels. Benefit a relaxing body massage right from your shoulders to your feet.
- Permanent Magnet: The heel is fitted with a 300cc permanent magnet. This stimulates the reflex points of the hands and the feet.
- Price (Value for Money): Robotouch Urban Full Body Massage Chair is available for an estimated price of Rs. 1,20,000.
Rank 3: JSB 3D Full Body Massage Chair
- Soothing Heating Function: The effective heating function provides soothing heat to your body muscles. Thus helping to ease aches and relieve back pain.
- Roller Massage: Also, in combination with the roller massage, it provides a great full body massage. As well as a “spa” like feeling and relaxation, thus releasing stress, anxiety and worry and promoting sound sleep.
- Zero Gravity: Experience the stress-relieving properties and benefits of the zero gravity massage equipped with this massage chair.
- Additionally, you can also combine it with your own customized massage program.
- Furthermore, this massage chair is sturdy enough to take the weight and pressure of your whole body. That too by destressing you from head to toe.
- 3D Rollers: The 3D rollers allow for more coverage area on the back by providing deeper massage strokes.
- Moreover, with options available, select from a wide range of massage modes such as Shiatsu, Kneading, Tapping, or Knock.
- Airbags: Featuring airbags that release muscle tension. They do this similar to the way a professional therapist does this. You will be glad you purchased when it relieves your pain.
- Foot Rollers: The foot rollers of this massage chair perform a deeper and effective massage on your feet.
- Besides this, the rollers massage the bottom of your feet in order to relieve muscle tension. This is essential if you spend part of your day standing or walking around.
- Through reflexology, it helps reduce stress, fatigue and rejuvenates the mind and body.
- L Track System: With a premium L Track rail system, this massage chair’s rollers travel through your neck, back and hips to provide complete pain relief.
- Auto Mode: While you sit back and relax, the Auto Mode fixes your back conveniently.
- X-Twist Massage: In addition, the airbags of the seat also inflate alternately to induce X-Twist massage.
- Price: You can purchase this JSB 3D Full Body Massage Chair for approximately Rs 2,00,000.
Rank 4: BODYFRIEND 4D Massage Chair
- Air Bags: With multiple airbags equipped in every part of the chair, it ensures you get that perfect head massage, back massage, and foot massage. It’s also powered by the zero-gravity feature.
- Rollers: This massage chair moves the rollers either up and down along the track. As well as left and right or in and out of the massage chair.
- Thus, it is 3 dimensional and provides a deeper massage.
- Automatic Body Scan: All thanks to the 4D technology. The automatic body scan suits people who are short in height, medium as well as tall. Hence, suitable for every height.
- Besides scanning your body, it adjusts the rollers in order to reach all the areas of the body.
- Massage Modes: Featuring a set of vertically movable, 4 wheel driven muted intelligent massage hands. And offering emulation massage methods of Shiatsu, simultaneous Kneading, Rolling, Knocking, and Flapping.
- Manual Massage: For the upper body, the manual massage consists of 3 options. These massage options include fixed, partial and overall.
- Adjustable Speed: The width between the 2 kneading balls are adjustable with 3 levels. Moreover, with 5 levels of speed, are adjustable in the state of flapping, Shiatsu and knocking.
- Intensity Control: You have the power in your hands of controlling the intensity of your massage. You can set the intensity to low, medium or high depending on how intense or powerful you want the massage to be.
- Hence, you can get the desired massage mode at the intensity of your preference with ease.
- Price: Make this BODYFRIEND 4D Massage Chair yours for approximately Rs. 1,35,000.
- Various Massage Techniques: With a combination of various massage techniques, you’re sure to benefit a good massage.
- These massage techniques include Kneading, Shiatsu, Tapping, Rubbing, Knock and Vibration.
- 3D Technology: This technology offers 3D kneading on calves. And it features special neck stretching clockwise and anti-clockwise rollers.
- Bluetooth + USB Compatible: Enjoy your massage session by listening to your favourite tracks. All thanks to the Bluetooth music connect and USB pen drive music sync.
- Price: Purchase this JSB 3D Zero Gravity Massage Chair for approximately Rs. 2,49,000.
Consider these Questions Before you Buy a Massage Chair
Here are some questions you should ask yourself before purchasing the best massage chair in India. I have put forth these questions to help you analyze whether you really need one or not. Also, the answers to these questions will help you know what all a massage chair is capable of doing.
Is there enough space in your own home to keep a massage chair?
Firstly, you need to have a clear understanding of a massage chair and how much space it occupies. Massage chairs are definitely not small in size. These require a lot of space in your home which is why they’re capable of massaging your entire body right till the toes. The best massage chair in India is designed and created to massage your entire body.
Believe it or not, but even the smallest massage chair is still the size of your regular armchair. Also, foldable massage chairs require more space than the regular ones. Hence, you need to ensure that you have sufficient place at home to store the massage chair. If not, then see if you can make some place for it by moving the furniture aside. See if this works for you and then make your decision on purchasing one.
Do you see yourself using a massage chair 3-4 times a week?
Next, how often do you see yourself using a massage chair? Do you plan on using it everyday? Or, only on weekends or occasionally when you feel the need for a massage? Or, do you see yourself using it 3-4 times a week? The reason I asked you this is because your purchasing decision is based on this question. A massage chair is worth purchasing only if you’re going to use it everyday or 3-4 times a week.
Can multiple people in your home use a massage chair?
Yes, you’re lucky enough since multiple people in your home can use the same massage chair. Investing in the best massage chair in India is worth every penny as you and your family members can use it as many times as you’ll want to. Unlike physiotherapists and massage parlours, where each person pays separately for a massage. And not only that, you need to pay for every visit that you make. So, think about how much you could save especially on travelling (fuel costs). You and your family members will benefit using the same massage chair.
Will the massage chair fit you?
Well, massage chairs come in different frames and have different sizes. The best ones are built to accommodate most of the users including obese users. Hence, they are suitable for both short as well as tall people. Moreover, the best massage chair in India can accommodate a person who is 6 feet tall as well. Amazing right? However, if you’re the only person in your family who will be using the massage chair then consider getting one that will fit you.
For example, if you’re short then you need to get one that’s a little smaller. In other words comfortable for you. But, if you’re tall, then you need to get one that fits you and is comfortable for you with regards to your height. If your family members will be using the massage chair then it’s better to get one that fits everybody.
Important Features of a Massage Chair for Indians
Of course, identifying and knowing all the important features requires in-depth research. That’s why I’m here to help you out with this process. You don’t need to go anywhere else as I have listed all the important features here with a detailed explanation. Reading all of these will help you gain a better understanding. These important features determine what all the massage chair is capable of and what all it has in store for you.
Power of Massage
One of the most important features of a massage chair is the power of massage or massage power. This determines how powerful or intense your massage would be and is a decisive factor of the same. Some people prefer a massage that’s not very strong. In other words, they prefer a “low” or “medium” intensity massage. On the other hand, some people prefer a massage that’s very strong, in other words, high or maximum intensity. Therefore, the more intensity levels the better to suit your requirements.
Furthermore, you need to cater to your family members requirements too. Hence, always opt for a massage chair with adjustable intensity or different intensity levels. This will produce the exact type of massage that you and your family members need.
Is Heat Therapy Available?
Heat therapy is a great feature in massage chairs as the heat relaxes your muscles thoroughly and promotes blood circulation. Massage chairs offer heat massage therapy by producing heat against your back with the help of infrared rollers or heated pads. Yes, heat therapy helps improve blood circulation which speeds up recovery and heals you of any illness.
Further, every massage chair has its own way to produce heat massage. Some of these use heating pads that are located in the lower back area. So, once you sit on the massage chair, these heating pads deliver the heat to your lower back. We sit for long hours at the desk hunching or slouching resulting in a bad posture or terrible lower back pain. Hence, a massage chair provides you relief from all these issues.
The latest massage chairs feature heated massage therapy for the feet as well. This is very beneficial as it relaxes you and makes you feel better after a long tiring day at work. Thus, reducing foot pain and promoting sound sleep. High-end massage chairs are even better and worth investing in due to the infrared rollers that they use for heat massage therapy. These infrared rollers cover not only your lower back but the entire surface of your back, right from your neck to your buttocks.
How many Massage Rollers?
Generally, the high-end massage chairs use rollers to provide a more intense and beneficial massage. These rollers massage those difficult to reach areas as well. They are creatively and specially designed to simulate the movement of the human hand. These massage rollers slide upwards, downwards, towards the right and the left of your back, which we can’t do by ourselves. They provide soothing relief, comfortable massage and make you feel relaxed. Moreover, these massage rollers promote blood circulation in your back.
Got to have Zero Gravity
Zero gravity – a feature that’s available in high-end massage chairs and in all the product rankings mentioned above. But, what makes massage chairs with zero gravity stand out? Well, the answer to this is here. Through zero gravity, the massage chair will recline and place your body in a position where it doesn’t have to sustain its own weight. As a matter of fact, your whole weight will be distributed across the massage chair. Furthermore, this will help you better experience the rollers and airbags actions.
The logic is similar to what zero gravity does in space. This feature is great as it enables your vertebrae to relax and also enhances your massage experience. The final stage raises your legs in such a way that it is aligned in line with your heart. In order words, it keeps you in a sleeping position and your feet and heart are in the same height. This activity helps your heart to relax and enables it to work more efficiently for a while since it won’t have to put too much effort to supply all the blood down to your legs.
Air Compression Massage
Most of the high-end massage chairs are equipped with the air compression massage feature. This feature uses airbags in order to enhance the massage experience. The alternative compression and decompression of the airbags will push against your muscles and massage them. Also, you can use the air compression massage on each part of your body without any hassle.
Keep in mind that the more airbags a massage chair has, the better will be your experience. Hence, you should always opt for a massage chair with more airbags for better performance and service. Most of the massage chairs have airbags at your neck, shoulders, arms, hips, legs and feet. High-end massage chairs offer you the option of adjusting the intensity of the airbags as per your preference.
How much it Reclines
Generally, the lower end massage chair products don’t have a zero-gravity feature. Instead, they are equipped with a reclining feature/function. Unlike massage chairs with zero gravity, your body won’t be supported entirely by massage chairs which have a reclining function. This means it won’t lift your legs so your heart and legs won’t be at the same height. That’s the exact difference between zero gravity feature and the reclining feature.
And this is also the reason why the zero-gravity feature proves to be more beneficial. However, this doesn’t mean that the reclining feature is no good or of no use. The reclining feature also offers you a relaxing massage but not as good as the zero-gravity. While using your massage chair with recline function, turn on the TV and watch your favourite program or series and obtain the massage.
As you have seen that massage chairs are bulky and require immense space in your home. Another thing to be aware of is that some massage chairs are noisy when in use. In order to avoid this, ensure you opt for a massage chair that’s silent or doesn’t make much noise. This is beneficial because you can use it as and when you want without disturbing anyone in the house.
Suppose your siblings or kids have their exams on or project submission. You definitely don’t want to disturb them right? Similarly, you may want a massage in the afternoon when others at home are taking a siesta or late at night when everyone’s fast asleep. Or any sort of activity that requires silence.
Portability – Can you move it around?
A great feature would be portability. Purchasing one that’s portable is not necessary if you have decided on a fixed place to keep the massage chair. But if you feel the need to move or store the massage chair when not in use then you need to opt for one that’s portable. Portable massage chairs are lighter in weight and have casters. These casters enable you to move the massage chair from one corner to another in your home.
Types of Massage Techniques in Massage Chairs
In addition to knowing the important features of massage chairs, knowing the types of massage techniques is also of utmost importance.
Firstly, rolling is a massage technique that is simulated with the help of rollers equipped in the massage chair. This technique mimics the lift and roll of the skin between the masseur’s fingers and thumbs. The rollers in the massage chair move up and down your back as well as sideways. Further, rolling massage technique is used to loosen the skin, treat muscular tension and produce a relaxing effect.
Kneading is a massage technique that involves compressing soft tissues against one another or against underlying bones. The rollers make use of a circular pattern to perform this massage. Moreover, kneading is highly recommended to increase flexibility, treat tight muscles and also for pain relief.
This massage technique is well known, percussive and designed for stimulating your muscles. Tapping simulates the striking and pounding actions of the fists of a professional masseur or physiotherapist when you sit on the massage chair. It also simulates the karate chop technique. The rollers push in against your back and then they push out. Additionally, it increases the local temperature, stimulates local blood circulation and tissue elasticity.
Shiatsu is one of the most effective and well-known massage techniques. Typically, it’s applied with the thumbs, hands, and palms against certain stress points. When you sit on the massage chair, the rollers and the airbags perform Shiatsu. The rollers push against sensitive points on your back. Shiatsu promotes muscle relief and relaxation.
Air Compression Massage
Air compression is a massage technique that is one of the most popular features in recent years. It makes use of airbags which enhance your massage experience. But how does this massage technique work? It uses multiple airbags to squeeze your legs, arms, hips, and shoulders. The alternate compression and decompression of the airbags will push against your muscles and massage them. The best part is that you can use the air compression massage technique on every part of your body.
Massage Chair FAQs
A zero gravity massage chair massages your entire body and takes away the stress of your spine. In a sleeping position, zero gravity distributes your entire body weight across the massage chair. The highly reclined position elevates your feet and legs over your heart. In other words, your feet and legs are aligned in the same height as your heart.
Never use the massage chair for a long duration at a time. According to experts, a massage session should last for ONLY 15 minutes. Long massage sessions can be potentially unsafe as it can bruise your muscles and cause inflammation and damage to other tissues as well. Don’t be under the impression that a longer massage session can relieve you of more pain or benefit you more.
You can use the massage chair as often as possible. Every massage session is very beneficial to your body as it speeds up recovery, improves blood circulation and more. Note that if you suffer from lower back pain, neck or shoulder pain then use the massage chair 3-4 times a week. Ensure you don’t rush the process or do it vigorously. Adjust the massage to the intensity that suits you.
If you want to lower your stress levels and relax. Then use the massage chair after you’re back home from work or before you go to sleep. If it’s hurting you or leading to sore muscles then use it alternate days.
Yes, for numerous reasons, a massage chair is better and more beneficial than going to the spa. Firstly, you won’t have to adjust your schedule for an appointment with them. Secondly, you save on the massage session fees and travelling costs. Thirdly, once the massage chair is yours, you can conveniently use it at home without any disturbance at your convenience.
The massage chair won’t ask you for a fee for each session the way you would have to pay the spa. Additionally, there’s no risk of cross-infection as you or your family members itself will be using it. Whereas there are so many people visiting the spa.
Although massage chairs are considered safe for pregnant women, it’s better to consult the doctor or medical practitioner first. Especially, if it involves a history of miscarriage or medical issues or if it’s a high-risk pregnancy. If the doctor tells you that you can use it, then ensure you don’t use it for more than 10 to 15 minutes.
Most importantly, avoid heat function (heat pads) and Shiatsu massage during pregnancy. Never use the massage chair during the 1st trimester of the pregnancy as the risk of miscarriage is higher.
No. It is NOT RECOMMENDED for a diabetes patient to use a massage chair. As pressure on the area where diabetics inject their insulin might influence the way in which their body absorbs this shot, thereby altering their intake. Also, diabetics suffering from Neuropathy should be extra cautious as they don’t sense heat or pain and may cause extra problems for themselves.
However, you can always ask your doctor for advise on the same. If he/she says that its safe for you to use a massage chair then go ahead. This is because each one’s case is different and also depends upon how high your diabetes is or if it’s under control.
How to Take Care of your Massage Chair
When you invest in a highly-priced item, you’re expected to take good care of it and maintain it properly. Keeping it clean, using it in the appropriate manner, and storing it in a hygienic area will help the massage chair serve you for long years to come with the same quality output. And without any wear and tear. Generally, massage chairs have double upholstery but you need to clean it from time to time for best massage results.
Make Use of Gentle Cleaning Agents
No matter how durable the leather of the massage chair’s cover is, always use gentle cleaning agents. Ensure never to use powerful cleaning agents as it might damage it.
Don’t Drip any Cleaning Agent on the Moving Parts
Ensure you don’t apply the cleaning agent on the moving parts or areas near to the moving parts. You have to be mindful and see to it that it doesn’t come in contact with the mechanical parts as well. As this will lead to malfunctioning.
Keep the contact areas clean
Cleaning the whole chair regularly is recommended. But note that you need to clean the areas that you frequently come in contact with time to time. This is because you tend to sweat which deposits on the chair. There can be many other reasons too. It will also be safer for the other person using it later, so cleaning it regularly will prolong the life of the massage chair.
Also, whenever possible remove the upholstery so that you can clean it with ease. Further, you don’t need to use cleaning agents every single time during the day. You can make use of a damp cloth after each use. And use cleaning agents once a day. Further, see to it that all the nooks and crannies are clean and should be free of any dirt particles or hair.
Make Use of Spray Bottles
In order to spread or disperse the cleaning agent over a larger surface, you can use spray bottles. Additionally, spray bottles also help the upholstery to dry quickly after cleaning.
Never Put a Wet Upholstery on the Massage Chair
Always allow the wet upholstery to fully dry out first. The reason behind this is that the wet upholstery may permanently damage your massage chair.
A Journey from Tired to Relaxed
MUCH RESPECT TO YOU since you’ve made it to the end of this in-depth article. I hope I helped you through your journey of purchasing the best massage chair in India. Your decision is based upon your requirements, how often you see yourself using the massage chair, the available space in your home and the budget. The best massage chair in India is worth investing in if you use it appropriately and clean/maintain it regularly. Also, so that driving shouldn’t be a pain in the neck. Consider checking out 3 types of car seat cushions.