One of the most common postural issues seen nowadays is rounded shoulders. The best back posture corrector is one that provides the much-needed support your body is seeking. Additionally, it helps improve your overall spine health and posture. Do you use a computer/laptop continuously for long hours at work? Are you experiencing discomfort and soreness in your back and shoulders? You can’t abstain from work at the office, but you can surely correct your posture. Come to your happier self again with the best back posture corrector.
Possessing the right body posture can help you make the right impression in many areas of your life. Hence, either way, our attitude is completely connected to our posture. As a matter of fact, you’ll also give out a lot of good vibes in society. Head down to all the important information that you can’t afford to skip. This article has everything that you need to know about rounded shoulders and back posture correction.
Best Posture Corrector Belt in India – Quick List
|Posture Corrector||Type||Sizes Available||Check Price|
|Caresmith ALIGN Posture Corrector||Electric||Standard (Free Size) and Large||Price in Amazon.in|
|Caresmith Advanced |
|Non-Electric||Small, Medium and Large||Price in |
|Privfit Posture Corrector||Non-Electric||Medium and Large||Price in |
|Tynor Posture Corrector||Non-Electric||Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large||Price in |
|Liyansh Posture Corrector||Non-Electric||Free Size (Perfect Fit for All)||Price in |
What is Rounded Shoulders Posture and Why is it a Problem?
First and foremost, let’s see what is rounded shoulders. It’s a posture wherein the shoulders are positioned further forward than normal. In other words, it’s a term used to describe a resting shoulder position. A position that has moved forward from the body’s ideal alignment. Besides this, people with rounded shoulders also have a forward head position. Increased slouching of the upper back is another issue seen. It is also known as Thoracic Kyphosis. Studies have found that slouching forward in combination with rounded shoulders increases the weight of the head on the neck by as much as 300%.
This, in turn, causes enormous stress on the neck and shoulders. All this reduces shoulder range of motion as well as pain, numbness, and loss of function. Typically of the upper body function. Rounded shoulders posture is bad as it disrupts the normal functionality of the muscles in the neck, back and shoulders. These muscles control the way the body maintains its posture throughout the day. Hence, rounded shoulders posture is a major issue as it leads to major backache.
Further, the risk of rounded shoulders includes a negative impact on your health and appearance. When the body is hunched forward over time, the muscles interpret this slumped position as the body’s natural state. Thus, this can be very harmful to the body if left untreated. Additionally, stress on the shoulder joints can cause pain around the neck and upper back. The best thing to do is to correct rounded shoulders by adjusting the posture as soon as possible.
Types of Posture Corrector
Firstly, before we move to the types of posture corrector. Let’s see some of the main things to consider. Ensure the posture corrector that you purchase should be lightweight and comfortable to wear. Secondly, your spine should be in its neutral position while using it. There exist 2 types of posture corrector. They are shoulder belt without a back brace and shoulder belt with a back brace.
Shoulder Belt only
This type of posture corrector will fit under your clothes without being too noticeable or bulky. Secondly, it has a wider span of material between the shoulder blades that better distributes pressure. The velcro straps enable you to adjust the positioning and tension of the brace. Moreover, it’s also available in regular and extra-large size to fit different size frames. Due to its slim-fit design, it’s easy to conceal this posture corrector under the back. On the contrary, some people did complain about the straps rubbing the skin under the arms. But this occurs rarely. You can adjust the fit of the brace or add a bit of cushion to protect the skin.
Shoulder Belt with Back Brace
Now you can stop slumping shoulders and curb back pain with the help of this posture corrector. It is ideal for posture correction, proper spine alignment as well as relief from back pain. The brace gently pulls your shoulders back for better alignment. This relieves pressure on taxed back muscles. Besides this, the lower back brace provides support to relieve pain. Additionally, a back brace comes in a wide range of sizes ranging from XS to XL. Moreover, it’s easy to find the right configuration since the brace is in combination with the adjustable straps. This makes it comfortable as well as beneficial for your posture.
Below lie some of the best options. I have penned down these after deep research. Firstly, the best back posture corrector should fit you comfortably and match your requirements. So, ensure you read them all.
1. Caresmith ALIGN Posture Corrector
- Intelligent Sensor: Unlike the traditional posture correctors, the Caresmith ALIGN posture corrector features a smart sensor.
- This intelligent/smart sensor detects all the changes and issues in your posture, including the smallest ones.
- Thus, providing real-time feedback whenever and wherever you slouch.
- Wrong Posture Alert: Yes, the Caresmith ALIGN posture corrector is the only one that features the wrong posture alert. Even if you hunch or slouch more than 25 degrees, it vibrates so as to notify you. These vibrations are gentle enough to notify or alert you in time so that you can get back to your original posture.
- Suitable for Everyday Usage: Wearing this posture corrector every day is hassle-free. You can wear it during office hours, while watching TV, cooking, taking a walk, and even while you sit using your phone.
- Extremely Comfortable: This posture corrector doesn’t exert unnecessary pressure on your shoulders.
- Sizing Guide: Well, if you weigh between 45-75 Kgs and your height is between 145-165 cms, then you should opt for the Standard size. But, if you weigh between 60 to 100 Kgs and your height is 165 to 195 cms then you need Large size.
- Adjustable, Durable and Easy to Wear: It comes with stretching and adjustable straps of premium quality that are not only soft but also durable.
- Price: You can purchase the Caresmith ALIGN posture corrector for an estimated cost of Rs. 1000.
2. Caresmith Posture Corrector
The Caresmith posture corrector is here to help you. Whether you need to recover from an injury or improve your posture. Consider this as the best back posture corrector in India. It will realign your vertebrae, strengthen your muscles and recover mobility.
- Long Term Corrective Benefits: The Caresmith posture corrector promotes strengthening muscles and aligning the spine. This enables you to stand up straight with your shoulders back even when not wearing your brace. Hence, you don’t have to wear your posture corrector forever.
- Versatile and Flexible Sizes: This posture corrector is available in M or L size. Further, it is designed for chest circumference 85 – 115 cms.
- Ergonomic Design: Using it regularly for a few minutes corrects your posture quickly and effectively. Due to its ergonomic design, it discreetly and comfortably gives you support. It is the same as putting on and adjusting a backpack.
- Time Duration: Wear the posture corrector for 30 to 40 minutes a day the first week. Increase the time by 20 minutes every week. Continue this till you’re comfortable wearing the corrector for 2 hours every day.
- Provides Relief Instantly: This corrector provides you support where you need it the most and relieves pain instantly. You will feel stronger as soon as you slip on the support.
- Price: Caresmith posture corrector is available approximately for Rs. 850.
3. Privfit Posture Corrector
- Corrects Posture & Relieves Backpain: Privfit posture corrector is useful in correcting posture over time for higher energy levels. Besides this, it builds up your confidence level and prevents and alleviates chronic back pain.
- Lightweight: This posture brace being lightweight pulls the shoulders back and straightens the spine to instantly improve your posture.
- Perfect Custom Fit: It’s easy to adjust. Secondly, it’s cushion ‘soft feel’ spine makes it comfortable for everyday use. Plus, it doesn’t hurt your skin either.
- Time Duration: When you begin using it, wear it for 30 minutes. Gradually increase it to 3 hours of use. Make it a point to wear it during mild physical activity.
- Benefits: Firstly, it aligns the bones and muscles properly. Secondly, it reduces mental and physical fatigue and stress too. Thirdly, it prevents backache and helps with positive physical appearance. Lastly, it prevents the spine from fixing itself in abnormal positions.
- Price: The Privfit posture corrector is available for around Rs. 700.
4. Tynor Posture Corrector
- Premium Quality Soft and Breathable Fabric: It features a strong and lightweight breathable washable materials. The cutting edge front-loading design ensures you will stay cool while promoting proper posture.
- Invisible under Clothes: You won’t feel self-conscious after wearing this posture corrector. The adjustable design is discreet enough to wear under any outfit. Moreover, you can wear it while you’re at home or work or out.
- Adjustable, Comfortable & Easy to Use: Tynor posture corrector serves absolutely for your comfort. It is available in small, medium and large sizes to fulfil everybody’s body size. Wear it for 20 to 30 minutes a day and feel the difference.
- Price: The Tynor posture corrector is available roughly for Rs. 760.
5. Liyansh Posture Corrector
- Comfortable and Effective: Liyansh posture corrector is approved by FDA since the material is soft, lightweight, ventilating and porous. Thus, providing you comfort and not causing any trouble to your skin.
- Ergonomic Design: Due to its ergonomic design, it aligns your spine. In other words, it improves body alignment, thus aiding you in developing a straight back. Additionally, it also strengthens your shoulders, neck and back.
- Invisible Under Clothing: The best part about this posture corrector is that you can wear it all day long under your clothes. Nobody will notice that you have it on.
- Free Size (Perfect Fit Guarantee): You can easily adjust the braces on the back through the buckles for the perfect fit.
- Additional Benefits: Besides improving your posture, it also strengthens the muscles and recovers mobility. Thus, making you feel confident.
- Additionally, it also eliminates upper back pain, lower back pain, and neck pain.
- Besides aligning your spine to the ideal position, it also minimizes stress and makes you feel calm.
- Price: You can purchase the Liyansh posture corrector for a price of around Rs. 600.
How to Use a Posture Corrector Belt
Here are some ways in which you should use a posture corrector belt. Purchasing a posture corrector belt is of no use if you don’t follow the Do’s and Dont’s. Follow these rules and watch the best back posture corrector giving you the perfect results.
First and foremost, don’t make the posture corrector belt too tight on the first day of use. You will feel tired and uneasy as your body is not used to it. Secondly, the back posture corrector can cause chaffing around the arms if worn too tight. Hence, for best results, increase tightness over the first week. Consider wearing a shirt under the posture corrector initially in order to protect the skin.
The next thing to keep in mind is not to wear the posture corrector belt all day. A posture corrector is not meant to be your lifetime companion. It is temporary only to change your posture to normal. This will help you form a good posture habit. Hence, wear it only for 2-3 hours daily. Secondly, using it for prolonged hours can lead to back pain as your body adjusts to a straighter back. Further, it may also cause tenderness and soreness in the abdomen, lower back and shoulders. Thus, limit maximum usage to 2-3 hours every day.
If you use the posture corrector for over a month or two you will get habituated to using it. Try to reduce usage after 5-6 weeks. Thus, don’t rely on it 100% of the time. Its purpose is to assist the weakened core muscles, and not to replace them.
Lastly, don’t stop using it completely after 2 months. After the first 2 months, use it for only 2-3 hours twice a week. Yes, twice a week is more than enough. You can adjust the belt as per your convenience and make it tighter if you want to. Do this if you feel that it gives you more relief.
Is it Uncomfortable?
Yes, it is a little uncomfortable. The whole idea is to make you feel uncomfortable or discomfort you in the slouching position. The reason behind this is that you should form a habit of not slouching. So whenever you experience that discomfort you will automatically change your posture. Some scenarios could be legitimate slouching positions such as tying shoelaces and bending to wash hands.
Sometimes, we tend to stand and bend down totally to tie our shoelaces. We don’t even realise how badly it could affect our spine and posture, and even lead to back pain. This can have long term effects on our health and body. Bending while washing hands is another reason behind developing the slouching position. That 2-5 minutes of activity can affect you in the long run. The worst part is that you don’t even realise it.
Another important thing to note is that it could cause numbness in the arms if tied too tight. To avoid this situation, don’t tie the posture corrector belt too tight. Adjust it in such a way that it’s not too tight and neither too loose. Tieing it too tight will make you feel uneasy. It will cause chafing too. Chafing rubs off the outer layer of the skin, leaving the underlying skin red, raw and irritated.
Using it in summers could be a bit troublesome. Sweating in hot weather along with wearing the posture corrector will make you feel uncomfortable. Hence, you need to keep a note of the summer trouble. One thing that you can do is, opt for a shoulder belt without a back brace for the summer. This won’t be too bulky either.
Posture Corrector FAQs
Although you can sleep in a posture corrector, wearing it in bed can get really uncomfortable. Therefore it’s not recommended to wear a posture corrector while you sleep. Also, most of the posture correctors are designed to be worn only when you’re standing or sitting. Hence, if you use it while sleeping, you may not avail the same benefits. Additionally, they may also cause back and neck pain.
Initially, it’s recommended to wear a posture corrector for 30 minutes. Over time, as you get used to it, you can start using it for 45 minutes to an hour a day. The time required for developing a healthy bearing habit usually differs from one person to another. Therefore, some achieve results by wearing the corrector for around 10 minutes daily.
Over time as this posture corrector works towards correcting your alignment and strengthening your muscles. You can reduce the usage and use less and less of the corrector. However, you need to wear it as long as you get into good posture habits of your own.
Yes, a posture corrector’s benefit stays after you stop using it. The purpose of the posture corrector is to correct your posture as the name suggests. It is not to be used a lifetime. Secondly, it aligns your spine and helps in curing thoracic kyphosis (rounded shoulders). Additionally, it relieves stress from your shoulder joints. Using it for 1 or 2 months is more than enough until your posture is back to normal.
Initially, using a posture corrector may hurt. You may feel uncomfortable as your muscles are not used to the corrector. Therefore, you shouldn’t adjust the posture corrector belt too tight on the 1st day. But, with time your body will get used to it. Also, it can cause pain or discomfort around the shoulder area if the material is not of good quality. Besides this, it can happen if you’re not using the right size.
One of the most common side effects is back pain. This occurs since your body is adjusting to a straighter back. Secondly, if you wear it too tight then it causes chaffing around the arms. But you can always wear a shirt under the device to protect the skin. Additionally, it may also cause tenderness and soreness in the lower back, abdomen and shoulders. Avoid posture correctors, if you recently underwent surgery on your back or neck and if you face Scoliosis.
Sit Up Straight and Look Great
We are often told to correct our posture but with so much time at the computer table, it’s not quite easy. Although it seems easy, the limited opportunities for exercise add to this too. Ensure the posture corrector that you purchase doesn’t cause skin rashes or leave marks on your body. I hope the detailed information above has all your answers. Material, durability, quality and maintenance are the most important things to look for in a back posture corrector. If you’re experiencing lower back pain then read the best massager machine for lower back pain in India.